- Make/Work on New Year's Resolutions/Goals (I'm probably not going to cross this one off just because it really is ongoing and ever changing. I don't really believe in setting one or two long term goals without breaking them into manageable chunks and reflecting/editing when needed.
Take Christmas stuff down. (See how I did that here.)
Return or exchange any needed holiday gifts
Write or make any necessary Thank you's.
Organize holiday cards. (See the holiday card place mats I made here.)
- Organize Photos. (I'm still working on creating our yearly photo books but I'm almost done. See my posts about organizing photos here, here, and here.)
- Find homes for new gifts. This one is still a work in progress. I had a plan as to where they would all go but as we all know, plans don't always work when put into action. Stay tuned next month as I tackle some new projects in the play room again to accommodate my kiddos new interests and "stuff"
Make annual doctor and vet appointments.
Sign the girls up for gymnastics.
- Register Tessa for Kindergarten. (Happening this week.)
- Organize/de-clutter storage area. (This is also ongoing and something I am hoping to really tackle this spring--fingers crossed.)
- Create/Edit a Home Management Binder /Command Center
Which brings me to today's post:
Creating a Home Management Binder.
These are the categories that I plan to create/add to our binder:
School--This is a section for my kiddos' school info that I need to keep for any period of time.
Reference--This includes emergency info; other contacts; babysitter info; pet sitting info; home maintenance, etc. (Again, I'm sure the list will grow.)
Good Times--This will include holiday/birthday preparations; other celebration planning; Special memory/tradition log; vacation planning, list of special dates and occasions, etc.
I think that is it --although it will possibly change as I get deeper into it.
***There are a few other categories too that I either have already or plan to devote an entire binder to rather than just a section in the Home Management Binder. I will definitely discuss these at a later date. They include:
Medical--this is for all of our medical info, receipts, etc. from doctor or hospital visits as well as birth certificates, social security cards, etc.
Home Improvement--this is for the ever evolving projects that are consistently going on in our home.
Recipes--this is to house any recipes I find either online, magazines, family recipes passed down or just ones that I jot down.
Blog--this is for organizing my thoughts when planning and writing blog posts each day.
Product/Warranty Info--This one is a maybe for me. As of right now they are in a file box. However, I'm always looking for ways to make this one simpler. A binder might be a possibility.
Some other great ideas but have other places/systems for are:
Today's task: Getting the materials.
clear page protectors
So that's it for today. Remember--manageable chunks. Getting organized is a lot like losing weight: it's about small changes that we can achieve and maintain.
Can't wait to continue. Stay tuned!