At the beginning of the month, I shared my February Checklist. And one of the main items on my checklist was to re-organize the kids' spaces. The first and main room on the list is our playroom. And since both girls birthdays were soon followed up by Christmas, it was inevitable that things would need to change a bit---especially since one of the main additions was a giant dollhouse (I'll share that soon).
So, some things had to change. First on the list: our pretty scrapbook paper word wall. I truly hated seeing this go but it just wasn't in the right place anymore. (Don't worry. I have plans to make a new wall of words.
Now that this wall was empty, I knew it would be the perfect fit for the kids' play kitchen/cafe. But as you can see, it was little blah sitting there all by itself. I knew if I really wanted to make it more like a "cafe" it needed an awning.
Enter a large cardboard box.
I cut off the top portion and knew this would be the perfect size and fit. The only other items that I needed were a very inexpensive vinyl table cloth that I found, a glue gun, and some L brackets.
Oh...and of course Hubs. :)
Once we figured out the height, he screwed in each bracket with just one screw (at the bottom).
Then we were able to slide in the box top and secure it with another screw to hold it in place.
I didn't get to take pictures of attaching the table cloth but I just hot glued it underneath and let the rest sort of just hang.
I cut some scallops and the kids' cafe is almost open for business.